GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
To learn about the Oakville Speed Skating Club and to assist in registering with the Club, please:
- View our About Us page
- Read our Club Brochure
- View our Skate Times page
- Read about our Safety Mats
- View our Equipment page
Please print and fill out our 4 club forms:
- Our 2019 – 2020 Application
- Our Child/Minor/Ward Waiver
- Over the Age of Majority Waiver
- The SKATE RENTAL AGREEMENT 2019-2020 Season (if applicable)
- The Code of Conduct (Please note both child/minor/ward and Parent/Guardian need to sign this form.)
For Members Registering More than One Family Member, we require an Individual Waiver, Skate Rental (if applicable) and Code of Conduct Form for each member
2019-2020 CLUB PROGRAMS
FOUR EXCITING/DIVERSE/AFFORDABLE PROGRAMS
This Season the Oakville Speed Skating Club is Offering 4 Programs:
Oakville Short Track Racing Development Program (OSTRDP)
A Two Day Per Week Competitive Program (9 Years of Age & Younger)
A One Day Per Week Program
An Adult Program and Older Recreational Teenage Skater
Due to the Quality and Reputation of the Club and the Unprecedented Demand at its early March 2019 Registration, all Club Programs are FULL.
Currently, the Club has a Waiting List. To Access the Club Waiting List: Download an Application Form (see above) and Deliver the completed Application (No Fees) to the Residential Mailbox at 101 River Oaks Blvd. West in Oakville. Within 36 hours, you will receive from the Club Registrar a Notification of your spot on the Waiting List.
Skating Times – Please View Our Skate Times Page for Details
Please contact Mark O’Donnell – 647-401-1189 for any further Details
Learn to Speed Skate and Recreational Youth – This Program is Full
- 6 to 11 Year Olds:
- One Day Per Week: Sundays only – 3:00 to 4:05 p.m.
- Entire Season – September to the end of March.
- Very Affordable Fee: $375.00 + Skate Rental $125.00 – Total Fee Due at time of Registration
Oakville Short Track Racing Development Program (OSTRDP): This Program is Full
- Three Days Per Week – Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Spots Allocated by Coaches between the available Sessions based on Age/Ability.
- Fee only: $765.00 + Skate Rental $125.00 (if applicable) for 3 days per week of ice.
- Two Days Per Week Competitive Skaters – $595.00 + Skate Rental $125.00 (if applicable) This Program is Full
PLEASE NOTE: All 3/2 Day Per Week Competitive Skater Club Spots will be Available to Club Skaters who Competed in the 2018-2019 Season and, if Necessary, priority in terms of 3/2 Spots will be based upon their Level of Participation during the 2018-2019 Season.
Adult Program and 12. Years of Age and Older Teenage Recreational/Learn to Speed Skate Participants: – This Program is Full
- Thursday evenings – 9:30 to 10:40 p.m.
- Fee: $375.00 + $125.00 Skate Rental (if applicable) – Total Fee Due at Time of Registration
- Skate Rental with Blades: $125.00;
- Blades only – $75.00;
- Boots only – $100.00
- Skate/Boot/Blade Rental Fee to be included with Registration Fee
Summer Speed Skating: This Program is Full
The Oakville Speed Skating Club offers Summer Speed skating from June 4th to September 19th.The Oakville Club Summer Program will consist of 2 Groups (each with 1 Plus hour of ice time)
18 Sessions for Each Group – Fee is $265.00 due at time of Registration
Tuesday Evenings at Sixteen Mile Creek
Group A – 6:30 to 7:40 pm
Group B – 7:50 to 9:10 pm
See Calendar for additional Thursday Sessions in September
Registration for our Summer Session will be held during our March Registration. Limited Spots Available. Priority Given to Current Club Members Only
• Cash or Cheque (No Credit Cards),
• Internet Payment – E Money Transfers – Only Full Registration Accepted for this Payment Method. The On-Line Banking Option is available to current Club Members Only and must be completed at time of Registration.
For Skaters Registering at the Club’s Yearly March Formal Registration Days:
All Programs require a Non Refundable Deposit of $200.00 due at time of Registration plus post dated cheques for balance including Skate/Boot/Blade Rental Fee if Applicable.
One Member – Non Refundable Deposit for $200.00, payment due at time of Registration. Balance Remaining + Skate Rental (if applicable) – Post dated Cheque – August 1st, 2019.
If registering for the 1 Day per Week Program (Learn to Speed Skating and Recreational Youth) or the Adult Older Teenager Program, Fee and Skate Rental Total Due at time of Registration.
Two Members – Non Refundable Deposit for $300.00, payment due at time of Registration. Balance Remaining (including skate rental fee if applicable) – divided by two post-dated cheques for August 1, 2019 and September 1, 2019.
Family Rate – 3 or more members – First two skaters pay full rate; each additional family skater only pays 50% of the Registration for each applicable further membership. Discount applies to the lesser Program. Skate rental not included in discount.
Non Refundable Deposit for $400.00 payment due at time of Registration. Balance Remaining (including skate rental fee if applicable) – divided by three post-dated cheques for August 1, 2019, September 1, 2019 and November 1, 2019.
Registration after March 5th or 7th, 2019 – FULL PAYMENT OF PROGRAM AND SKATE RENTAL (if applicable) IS DUE.
Speed Skating Canada/Ontario Speed Skating Association Fees:
Any Person who participates in any on ice Speed Skating Program in Canada must join our two Associations: Speed Skating Canada (SSC) and the Ontario Speed Skating Association (OSSA). You will be required to register your child/children/yourself in their Member Affiliation System (MAS). All Members must be registered with these Associations before their first practice date. This is an online Program which will require members to choose different categories depending on their level of participation and an Association Waiver will also be required.
The Club will email members on when and how to register with these two Associations.
PLEASE NOTE: NO PERSON/S WILL BE CONSIDERED REGISTERED AND/OR GUARANTEED A SPOT UNLESS THE CLUB IS IN RECEIPT OF ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK AND ALL PAYMENT AT TIME OF REGISTRATION. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FORMS WITHOUT PAYMENT OR PAYMENT WITHOUT FORMS. IT TAKES FAR TOO MUCH VALUABLE PRECIOUS VOLUNTEER EFFORT TO CHASE FORMS AND PAYMENT.