GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
To learn about the Oakville Speed Skating Club and to assist in registering with the Club, please:
- View our About Us page
- Read our Club Brochure
- View our Skate Times
- Read about our Safety Mats
- View our Equipment
Please print and fill out our 4 club forms:
- Our 2021 – 2022 Application
- Our Child/Minor/Ward Waiver
- Over the Age of Majority Waiver
- The SKATE RENTAL AGREEMENT for the 2021-2022 Season (if applicable)
- The Code of Conduct (Please note both child/minor/ward and Parent/Guardian need to sign this form.)
For Members Registering More than One Family Member, we require an Individual Waiver, Skate Rental (if applicable) and Code of Conduct Form for each member.
Speed Skating Canada/Ontario Speed Skating Association Fees:
Any Person who participates in any on Ice Speed Skating Program in Canada must join our two Associations: Speed Skating Canada (SSC) and the Ontario Speed Skating Association (OSSA). You will be required to register your child/children/yourself in their Member Affiliation System – IceReg. All Members must be registered with these Associations before their first practice date.
IceReg will require members to choose different Membership Categories depending on their level of participation in the Sport. Our Club will send an email to help members choose which Category they fall under. An Association Waiver, Concussion Code of Conduct Form, and Covid Waiver are part of the Membership requirements and are part of this Program for Members to sign. You can view the Concussion Awareness Resources by clicking this link. Ontario Speed Skating – Concussions
This is a Yearly Membership which runs from Sept 1 to March 31 for SSC and Sept 1 to August 30th for OSSA. The Club will notify members when they are able to register for the current season.
The Oakville Speed Skating Club Offers Five Fun, Diverse and Exciting Programs:
Summer Speed Skating Program
Beginner/Learn to Speed Skate/Recreational Youth Program
Oakville Short Track Racing Development Program (OSTRDP)
Technical Development Program
Adult and Older Recreational Teenager Program
Beginner/ Learn to Speed Skate/Recreational Youth
- 6 to 11 Years of Age
- One Day Per Week: Sundays only – 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Entire Season – End of September to the end of March.
- Very Affordable Fee: $425.00 + Skate Rental $125.00
Oakville Short Track Racing Development Program (OSTRDP):
- Two or Three Days Per Week – Sunday – 3:00 – 7:30 pm; and Tuesday and Thursdays – 6:30 to 9:40 pm.
- Skaters in the Two Day Per Week Program must have Sundays as one of their days.
- Spots Allocated by Coaches between the three available Sessions based on Age/Ability.
- Fee: $895.00 + Skate Rental $125.00 (if applicable)
- Two Days per week Fee: $695.00 + Skate Rental (if applicable)
Technical Development Program:
- A Program that focuses upon Developing Skating and Racing Technique
- Monday Evenings – 8:00 to 9:40 pm.
- One Group based upon Ability/Age
- Spots are Limited
- Fee $375.00
Adult and Older Teenage Recreational Program:
- For Adults, Youths 12 Years of Age and Older
- Sunday Evenings – 7:40 to 8:35 pm
- Fee: $425.00 + $125.00 Skate Rental (if applicable)
Summer Speed Skating Program:
- Monday and Thursday evenings – 7:00 – 9:30 pm.
- Spots Allocated by Coaches between the two available Sessions based on Age/Ability. Priority given to Club Skaters who Participated in Last Summer’s Session.
- Fee: $345.00
- Skate Rental with Blades: $125.00;
- Blades only – $75.00;
- Boots only – $100.00
- Skate/Boot/Blade Rental Fee to be included with Registration Fee
- Cash or Cheque (No Credit Cards)
- Internet Payment – E Transfers
For Members Registering in our Beginner/Learn to Speed Skate/Recreational Youth and our Adult/Older Teenage Recreational Programs – Full Payment is now due, less $200.00 deposit paid in March 2021 if applicable.
For Members Registering in our Short Track Racing Development Program, the Payment Schedule is as follows:
Augus15, 2021- Full Fees Owing or Half of Fees Owing
September 15, 2021 – Balance of Fees Owing
If a deposit of $200.00 was paid in March 2021 please deduct this amount towards Fees Owing:
All Paperwork as outlined above and Payment must be received before a member is considered Fully Registered. Any deposits paid in March of 2021 are not Refundable. The Club is not in a Financial Position to provide Refunds throughout the Season.
Please contact Mark O’Donnell – 647-401 –1189 for any further Details